In order to better meet the needs of families in different areas of the cities, each office has its own hours. However, phones are answered at all offices by 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. Please call the office where you would like to have your child seen to obtain the hours for that location; we offer evening, weekend and early morning appointments at all offices.
A parent or legal guardian MUST accompany any child under the age of 18 to all appointments. If a parent or legal guardian cannot accompany the child, a Consent for Dental Treatment Form must be completed and sent along to the appointment.
Since we only care for children, it is not possible for everyone to schedule appointments in the late afternoon or early morning. Children 5 years of age and under are better able to cope with new experiences when well rested. Therefore, we schedule morning appointments for these patients.
We realize that your time is as valuable to you as ours is to us. Our team does everything we can to be ready for you at your scheduled time. On the day of the appointment, allow yourself sufficient time to check in. If you are more than 10 minutes late, we may need to reschedule your child's appointment.
Because we want every child's dental experience to be the best that it can be, we recommend that you call our office to reschedule an appointment if your child has:
• a temperature of 100 degrees or higher,
• active vomiting or diarrhea,
• a suspected contagious illness (pink eye, strep throat, lice, etc.)
• has been sent home from school due to illness
If you will not be able to keep your appointment, please contact us at least 24 hours in advance so that we may give that time to another patient. Please note: if a family fails 3 appointments in a 2-year period, we may not schedule subsequent appointments with our practice.
We are aware that school policies make it more difficult for children to be out of school for any reason. However, dental appointments are EXCUSED ABSCENSES with either a note from the parent or dentist. We will be happy to provide you with a note if requested.
Regular dental visits are an important part of maintaining your child's oral health. At your child's appointment, you will be given the opportunity to schedule the next preventive visit. Prior to this next preventive visit, you will receive a reminder to verify the day and time. If you have more than one child to schedule, we will do our best to coordinate appointments for your children.
Confidentiality and Privacy Practices
The information in your child's dental record is kept strictly confidential. We release this information to other healthcare providers or agencies only with a signed authorization form from you.
Dentistry for Children & Adolescents (DFCA) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. DFCA does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
We provide: Free services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as qualified sign language interpreters. Free language services to people whose primary language is not English such as qualified interpreters. If you need these services, contact DFCA at 952-831-4400.
If you believe that DFCA has failed to provide these services or feel discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance in person, by mail, fax or email with our Civil Rights Coordinator, Lisa Gromacki, Administrator, 7373 France Avenue South, #402, Edina, MN 55435, Phone: 952-831-4400, Fax: 952-893-3041, email: email@example.com
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. department of health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-868-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD). Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
- ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame 952-831-4400.
- LUS CEEV: Yog tias koj hais lus Hmoob, cov kev pab txog lus, muaj kev pab dawb rau koj. Hu rau 952-831-4400
- XIYYEEFFANNAA: Afaan dubbattu Oroomiffa, tajaajila gargaarsa afaanii, kanfaltiidhaan ala, ni argama. Bilbilaa 952-831-4400.
- CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 952-831-4400.
- 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 952-831-4400.
- ໂປດຊາບ: ຖ້າວ່າ ທ່ານເວົ້າພາສາ ລາວ, ການບໍລິການຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອດ້ານພາສາ, ໂດຍບໍ່ເສັຽຄ່າ, ແມ່ນມີພ້ອມໃຫ້ທ່ານ. ໂທຣ 952-831-4400.
- 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다 952-831-4400.
- PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 952-831-4400.
- ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 952-831-4400.
- ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغویة تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم 952-831-4400.
- ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 952-831-4400.
- ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer 952-831-4400.
- ្របយ័ត�៖ េបើសិន�អ�កនិ�យ ��ែខ� រ, េស�ជំនួយែផ�ក�� េ�យមិនគិតឈ� �ល គឺ�ច�នសំ�ប់បំេរ �អ�ក។ ចូរ ទូរស័ព 952-831-4400.
- ማስታወሻ: የሚናገሩት ቋንቋ ኣማርኛ ከሆነ የትርጉም እርዳታ ድርጅቶች፣ በነጻ ሊያግዝዎት ተዘጋጀተዋል፡ ወደ ሚከተለው ቁጥር ይደውሉ 952-831-4400